Monday 6 November 2017

A Pinoy @ The Movies: Thor: Ragnarok

It was Cate Blanchett who invited me to watch Thor: Ragnarok than Chris Hemsworth and his hammer.

Her unmistakably deep, husky voice suited her very well as Hela, the goddess of death. Cate has always been a mean enemy, just like she was in Elizabeth: the Golden Age, where she admonished the Spanish ambassador to "go back to his rat hole".

I so pitied Thor and Loki while Hela was kicking their godly asses during their god-to-god combat scenes. Hela was more powerful than any of them. But as to how both guys fared, you have to watch the film.

         (This time it's Bravo! Yellow Cab Pizza)

Watching Thor: Ragnarok was actually the topping on my pizza that day, literally. Thanks to Yellow Cab Pizza, my tummy was full before I went to the cinema.

A couple of weeks before, I tweeted Yellow Cab Pizza to complain about the boring pepperoni pizza I had before I headed to the Masskara Festival grounds in Bacolod City. And as good companies usually do, they listened to their customer!

Yellow Cab offered me free lunch that day to make up for the previous disappointment. And before I left, I complimented Jonalyn and her staff at Yellow Cab Pizza at the SM Mall in Bacolod City because, this time, their pepperoni pizza was full of cheese and their pasta was yummier. So thanks to Yellow Cab Pizza! Burp! 


And just like my lunch, the movie was fun and worth it. Yes, it's a comic-book movie with flying superheroes from other galaxies with Earth-ly, cheesy humour and Star Wars-y spaceships. So, be prepared to enjoy it like a kid. Though you may need popcorn, I, on the other hand, needed an iced java coffee to cap my pizza and pasta.


After the movie, I could still hear Cate Blanchett asking, "Dear brother, what were you the god of again?"

Though she was a bad girl, I never forgot why she was the reason I watched the movie. Sorry, I'm not a fan of Thor and Loki; I'm not from Asgard. Ha-ha-ha!

So, if you're also watching Thor: Ragnarok, don't forget your popcorn. Or pizza. Or pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment