Monday 18 May 2015

A Colorful Weekend at The Lotus Lantern Festival!


Their costumes were just mesmerizing; so elaborate, so colorful, and must have took a long time just to put on.

If you watched the lotus lantern parade last Saturday night along the streets of the Jongno District in Seoul, you, too, must have been mesmerized. The extravagant floats glowing alongside the participants in their colorful costumes and lanterns must have let you forget the hours of standing just waiting for the parade.

But as I didn't want to go as far as the Jongno area, I again just entertained myself seeing the parade from the Dongkuk University entrance as it made its way towards the Dongdaemun area, and later, towards Jongno. 

And as my tribute to the participants who took the effort to put on a show, I will feature some photos from the parade in the next blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment