Monday 31 December 2012

Thank You, #1330, For 'The Hobbit' and 'Les Miserables'!

Last November, the Korea Tourism Organization's hotline for tourism-related information #1330 held an event where they gave away prizes just for calling!

So, I called when the event started...and kept calling everyday until....I won!  I received a text that I did win and a lady called me to ask what I wanted as a prize. They had coupons for cafes and movie tickets! And since I love watching movies, I opted for the latter.

I received the e-movie tickets on my phone and I had to use them before 2012 ends. So, I waited for the two movies which I wanted to see before I would fly back to the Philippines for my Christmas vacation!

THE HOBBIT
Luckily, The Hobbit was showing at CGV Yongsan Station on the weekend before I flew out. I have seen the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, and this prequel was as equally amazing! From the landscapes, to the costumes and make-up of the hobbits, dwarves and other creatures, this is one of must-watch movies. 

Although it ran for almost three hours, each minute was never boring as the scenes were out of this world-ish, making it interesting and fantastic. 

LES MISERABLES
This one is a must-watch movie.
Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne deserve Oscar nominations for their work in this film. This movie also ran for more than two hours, but with its storyline, production design, costumes and most of all, the actors' performances, I was glued to the screen all throughout like everyone else in the audience.

The story of this Victor Hugo's classic is very sad. That's why  most of the people seated around me were either sniffling or dabbing their eyes with tissue. And me? I was singing. Ha-ha-ha! 

The voices of Hugh, Anne and Eddie fit their characters, but Russel Crowe's was really off for Javert. It was painful listening to his singing. Instead of being feared, Javert sounded comical. I found myself chuckling during his scenes. 
So, if you haven't watched these two movies, make sure you do, even if you don't have the free CGV tickets from #1330.

But thanks to KTO, I was able to watch them for free! And in 2013, I will be looking forward to their free-movie events, and perhaps win again!

No comments:

Post a Comment