Friday 17 February 2012

Preparing For the Winter Olympics At The Seoul Plaza?



For only KRW1,000 you can now practice your triple Axel jumps in preparation for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games or the 2018 Games in Pyeongchang.  How cheap, no?!

But I didn’t see anybody doing triples that morning when I passed by the Seoul Plaza skating rink where kids were taking lessons and teens warming up the ice with their respective dates.



The freezing temperatures in Seoul have been kind enough to keep the ice frozen and the kids happy as they no longer need to go that far to glide on an ice rink.

I wonder if those kids on the rink taking lessons that day would someday end up as Olympic champions themselves.

And seeing a lot of their moms watching from the benches, I have a feeling maybe, just maybe, they would.


The PyeongChang Winter Olympics are just six years away. I guess they have time to prepare. They just need a lot of W1,000 for the skating rental.

1 comment:

  1. I am anxious to see the PyeongChang Winter Olympics. My family is planning to make a travel to Korea for the Olympic. Seoul is already a futuristic city. And yet till 2018 Seoul will experience a drastic change for more futuristic transformations ; the direct high-speed train from Inchun international airport to the Olympic venues, Lotte Super Tower(123 story high-rise building). I know Korea will complete 7 100-or-higher story high-rise buildings(5 in Seoul and 2 in Busan)by 2016 before the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete