Sunday 18 July 2010

Who wants a puffy omelette for brunch?







And I thought that it was just another pancake-slash-omelette place. What I didn't know was that it was voted as the number one place in Seoul to have brunch by a local English magazine. Shame on me! I should pay more attention to my neighborhood.


Yes, that place is in my neighborhood in Hannam-dong, in Yongsan-gu, Seoul.


Almost every morning, on the corner near the bus stop where I hop on a green bus which takes me to work, I notice this small place with a cozy atmosphere when its staff of young ladies layout the chairs and tables. Last autumn and winter, I noticed they placed blankets for customers! Talking about homely charm!


And as I said, I thought it was another pancake place....until I tried it!


So, one morning, I invited Fay and her daughter, Lia, who was on vacation from Manila, to join me in trying the pancakes and omelettes of this place. This was after I browsed through that magazine which featured an article on the best brunch places in Seoul.


So, we got table, ordered a mix of pancakes and omelettes with coffee. And as expected, as the morning went, more people came in and the place was full even before I finished my first cup!


This place was indeed popular! And I think I remember seeing people lining up for a table during weekends!


Passing the morning with chit-chat complemented with puffy mozzarella omelettes, pancakes, sausages and coffee, we had a great brunch at this place. Something I recommend you to have with your friends as well.


I hope I have convinced you, especially with the photos. Hahaha!


The place? "Pancakes Original Story" in Hannam-dong, next to the main intersection. Be early if you're going there on a Saturday. Don't tell me I didn't warn you of the long wait. Unfortunately, I think they're closed on Sundays.


So, who wants a puffy omelette for brunch?

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog!!! Would you be interested in writing for Seoulstyle.com? I think we would be lucky to have you!

    Joe Waller
    Cheif Editor
    chiefeditorseoulstyle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing? This is Hyeonjoo Lee. I work in Joongang Ilbo as an Intern.
    I'd like to write an article about 'Seoul Global Center'. If you have the time, please answer the questions.

    1. How long have you been lived in Seoul?

    2. What brings you come to Korea?

    3. Have you ever heard about 'Seoul Global Center'?(Yes-4, No-5)

    4. Why did you visit this center?

    5. If you have a problem, how did you solve it?

    6. Name, Age, Country, The place where you live now. Cell phone or e-mail.

    Thanks for your participation.

    Have a great day,

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe!

    Thank you for reading my blog. I'm sending you a note. - Alphonse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hyeonjoo!

    Let me the email address where I can send my responses. I used to volunteer as an English teacher at SGC. - Alphonse

    ReplyDelete